I will let Laura take over, as she shares how to make homemade laundry soap.
I try to make most of my household products, mostly to cut down on toxins entering the body.
The other bonus is it saves us lots of money!
Making laundry soap is super easy, and very inexpensive!
I make a 5 gallon bucket thats last my family five months (I do a load everyday) and it cost under $5!
- Washing Soda
- Fels Naptha soap bar
- 5 gallon bucket with a lid
- cheese grater
- 30 drops essential oil of choice (I like lavender or anything citrus)
1. Shred a 14 ounce bar of Fels Naptha Soap with a cheese grater.
2. Put the soap in a saucepan with 2 cups of water, over medium heat, and stir constantly, until the soap is all melted.
4. Give it a stir, and fill the rest of the bucket with water.
6. Let it sit overnight with the lid on.
In the morning give it a good shake, or stir to mix well.
I use 1/2 cup per load in my HE washer, so it lasts a VERY long time.
Making laundry soap is quick and easy!
You can feel good about using this soap, as it is made out of all natural ingredients, and works very well.
Pin it for later:
Post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.