A healthy, homemade chocolate and strawberry treat to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Every time I try to get back to a healthy eating plan, sugar is always the first thing to derail me. Around mid afternoon and late evening my sweet tooth beckons me, with urgency, to find the nearest source of chocolate. I am powerless against it. I will find chocolate, be it healthy or otherwise.
This recipe puts that nagging old sweet tooth in its place every. single. time.
I keep joking that I am going to pack a little cooler with me and take my little chocolate covered strawberry bites everywhere I go, so I never eat sugar again. Might not be such a bad idea.
The ingredients are simple and nonperishable, so if you always keep them on hand, you will have all the tools you need to fight sugar cravings. Because they are full of healthy fats, they really do satisfy.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Paleo Bite Ingredients
1 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries
1/3 cup chopped pecans
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Paleo Bite Directions
1. Stir together coconut oil, honey and cocoa powder until incorporated.
2. Fold in the strawberries and chopped pecans.
3. Roll the mixture in balls and place on a plate.
When it is cooler in the house, you will have to warm the coconut oil first. If it is fully melted, like in the summer, you will need to stir together all the ingredients and then throw the “batter” into the fridge for a while before forming them into balls on the plate.
4. Put them in the freezer for a few minutes until hard.
5. When they are frozen, store your tasty treats in the refrigerator.
Check out some of my other desert recipes
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Stir together coconut oil, honey and cocoa powder until incorporated.
- Fold in the strawberries and chopped pecans.
- Roll the mixture into bite size balls and place on on a plate.
- Put them in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until they are hard.
Pin it for later