Today I’m going to share how to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. It is fast, easy and they peel better than any other method I’ve tried. I’m also going to share my favorite recipe for deviled eggs, just in time for Easter.
Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you’ve ever tried to hard boil your farm fresh eggs the regular way, you know the cratered and messy half-egg you end up with in the end. In the spring, eggs are in abundance, but you still hate to waste most of the white when it sticks to the shells.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot and my deviled eggs recipe video
This is a blog post collaboration with a few of my greatest blogging friends, including my little sister! Get their Easter recipes here:
Our Oily House Make Ahead Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole (great for Easter morning!)
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot Instructions
- Place the steamer rack trivet that came with your Instant Pot in the bottom of the stainless steel pot.
- Add as many eggs as you want. I have tried up to 14, but I’m sure you could do more!
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Set it to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release the pressure.
- Peel and Enjoy!
We currently have next to no cabinet space in our farmhouse kitchen. We plan to change that soon in our upcoming kitchen restoration, but for now they are stuffed full. I try to always put my Instant Pot away between uses, but I find myself dragging it back out of the pantry daily.
Between making whole chickens, broth and yogurt, it was already a staple, but now I’m going to do a batch of eggs a couple of times per week. They are the perfect protein packed snack, healthy, inexpensive and easy. What else could you ask for? I love when I have some made up in the fridge to take for lunch when we go our for a quick outing. Keeps us from spending $60 at a restaurant, and eating a bunch of junk. Five kids means you can’t go anywhere on the cheap!
Now for my favorite deviled eggs recipe
I love deviled eggs at Easter time, but as I was making these up, I wondered why we don’t have them all the time. They aren’t especially difficult to make, and I have never seen my kids devour the humble egg so fast.
I always have the same thought every year about turkey around November. It’s so good, why don’t we make cranberry sauce, turkey and mashed potatoes year round?!
To keep these deviled eggs healthy and simple, I used my homemade avocado oil mayo.
Deviled Eggs Recipe Ingredients
1 dozen eggs
2 teaspoons mustard
1/3 cup avocado mayo (I have a super simple recipe for you to make your own HERE.)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Deviled Eggs Recipe Instructions
- Hard boil and peel 1 dozen eggs. (Refer to the instructions above on how to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot.)
- Cut the eggs in half long ways.
- Scoop all those beautiful farm fresh egg yolks into a bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks with the mustard, mayo, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add the yolk mixture to a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.
- Pipe the yolk mixture into the hard boiled egg white halves.
- Sprinkle the top with a touch of paprika.
My other Instant Pot Recipes
Print the recipe my favorite deviled eggs