This Mexican Ranch Dressing can’t get any easier. Three ingredients and just a few minutes to whip up, this is one of our absolute favorites. Give your salad a flavor boost with this incredibly delicious recipe.
Mexican food is one of our favorite cuisines. I suppose it’s tied with pizza, but it is pretty much guaranteed to grace the table at a minimum of once a week.
Now I have a new recipe to add to the repertoire. This homemade Mexican ranch dressing is so, so good on so many things. It’s creamy, it’s zesty, and it’s bursting with warm, wonderful taco flavors.
Add an extra layer of flavor by throwing in a handful of home grown cilantro.
We’re at the point now where we only have a few more short weeks left of salad season until it just gets too warm and the plants decide to bolt. So, we are going to milk this occasion. Salads every day until we run out or until the plants bolt. Whichever comes first.
This dressing on a green, leafy salad with crispy, pan-fried chicken, sliced avocado, and garden tomatoes is a favorite in our house. Sometimes, I’ll even throw on some sourdough croutons to take it to the next level.
Why you will love this recipe:
It can’t get much easier: Three “ingredients” and less than five minutes to a delicious dressing.
Delicious: This tastes amazing on taco salads, taco bowls, or really any Mexican food.
Versatile: It’s not just for salads. This is America, you know, and we love our ranch dressing. Mexican ranch dressing can be used on tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, nachos, taquitos … whatever your heart desires.
What to eat with Mexican ranch dressing:
Salad: Make a taco salad with seasoned ground beef, avocado, salsa, and tomatoes. You can easily add this to just about any salad.
Pizza: Top your favorite pizza with this dressing, or make a Mexican pizza with seasoned chicken, beef, or pork, fermented jalapeños, cheese, salsa, olives, peppers, onions, or whatever your favorite toppings might be.
Tacos: Made with homemade sourdough tortillas, tacos with this ranch dressing are amazing.
Burritos: Rice, beans, cheese, and meat, topped with this sauce and rolled up in a tortilla is so, so good.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Tips For Making This Recipe:
- This recipe is really delicious just how it is, but you could also add a punch of flavor by adding juice from a lime and a handful of fresh cilantro.
- Use your favorite taco seasoning, homemade or store-bought. I love Thrive Market’s taco seasoning, but you can also find a homemade recipe here.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to get this dressing really smooth. You could also use a whisk, but the salsa will just give it a chunkier texture.
How To Make Mexican Ranch Dressing:
In a bowl, mason jar, or blender, add sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning.
Mix well. I like to use a mason jar and an immersion blender for easy mixing. This gets it really smooth and creamy. You could also use a whisk, but the salsa will make the sauce chunkier.
It’s ready. Yes, it is just that simple.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More Recipes You Will Love:
- Healthy Tuna Salad
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Homemade Sourdough Croutons
- Kefir Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Fermented Balsamic Blueberry Vinaigrette
If you try this recipe and love it, I would love if you could come back and give it 5 stars! Tag me on Instagram @farmhouseonboone
Mexican Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning I use Thrive Market organic taco seasoning.
- In a bowl, mason jar or blender, add sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning.
- Blend until completely combined.
- Refrigerate for up to a week in an air tight container.