I just put the finishing touches on my Summer maternity capsule wardrobe and it only took me 20 minutes to pick out everything I want to wear this Summer! I chose my staples that includes a neutral color palette.
Some links are affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Summer Maternity Capsule Wardrobe Pieces
The idea of the capsule wardrobe has intrigued me ever since I heard of the concept. I have been doing it in some form for the last several years without even realizing it.
My husband calls it my “uniform”. I basically just wear the same two or three outfits over and over for an entire season. I’m not a very high maintenance girl.
For this pregnancy, I decided to do a capsule wardrobe, so that I could still be simple and minimal with my wardrobe, yet have more options.
Goodbye uniform and same outfit 25 days in a row! Haha.
My style is casual, neutral and hopefully slightly trendy (i.e. not super mom-ish).
My whole goal with fashion is to look put together with minimal effort. For this collection, I went with a neutral color palette, of black, white, tan, cream, gray, a little stripe.
When Thredup contacted me to a video for them on my youtube channel, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to spend a little time putting together my very first maternity capsule wardrobe.
This maternity capsule wardrobe can easily go from summer to fall to winter. For cooler months, add leggings, and sweaters.
Watch The Video
How To Put Together A Maternity Capsule Wardrobe
- Create a Pinterest board with outfit inspiration.
- Decide on a color palette.
- Pick staple pieces that will last for many years.
- Choose items that can mix and match interchangeably. The goal is to swap out one item to have a whole new outfit.
Tips For Shopping At Thredup
I was a little skeptical of Thredup in the beginning because it is all secondhand clothes.
Thrift shopping has historically been a waste of time for this busy, business-owning, mom of 5.
Walking into 18 thrift shops to find one decent sweater for a bargain price, just isn’t worth it. I would rather pay full price, and spend more time working on my business or reading to my kids.
I have shopped at Thredup a couple of times now and I have always been ridiculously pleased with my experiences. (By the way, Thredup sponsored my Youtube video, but they did not pay me for a blog post. I just had such an awesome experience putting together my maternity collection that I wanted it to live in more places!)
The whole process of putting together this wardrobe took about 20 minutes on a Friday evening, the clothes all look brand new, AND I bought quality staple pieces that will last me for years to come.
- Set your sizing- This tells Thredup not to show you the size 0 jeans if you’re a size 6 petite. Less search results= less time spent.
- Search specific brands- This way you can trust the fit and quality of the pieces you choose.
- Search specific pieces- Searching for “denim Levi’s vest” will narrow the search results even more!
- Tanks (Black, White, and Gray)- 3
- Black shorts- 1
- Khaki shorts- 1
- Purple Dress- 1
- Khaki Dress- 1
- White and Gray Striped Dress- 1
- Faux leather purse
I’m not much of an accessories girl, can you tell?! I literally own one watch and I never wear it. I bought a necklace for an event once and it broke, and that is the extent of what I own.
Maternity Capsule Wardrobe Combinations
- White Tank with the Black Shorts with Sandles or Tennis Shoes
- Grey Tank with the Black Shorts with Sandles or Tennis Shoes
- Black Tank with the Khaki Shorts with Sandles or Tennis Shoes
- White Tank with the Khaki Dress with Sandles or Booties
- Purple dress with Wedges or Sandles or Booties
- Gray and White Striped Dress with Wedges or Sandles or Booties
Ok, you get the idea! There are about a dozen ways I could mix these pieces up for a new outfit every day of the week!
Find More Simple Fashion Ideas:
- Fall/Winter Capsule
- DIY Tank Top – How to Sew a Tank Top
- Spring Capsule Wardrobe
- DIY Summer Dress – Shirred Dress Tutorial
- Simple DIY Fall Dress | Megan Nielsen Darling Dress
Pin it for later