Learn how to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. It is fast, easy and they peel better than any other method. Instant Pot hard boiled eggs come out perfectly cooked every time.
Some links in this post are affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
If you’ve ever tried to hard boil your farm fresh eggs the regular way, you know the cratered and messy half-egg you end up with in the end. For some reason, farm fresh eggs just seem to be more difficult to peel. And the fresher they are, the harder they seem to peel.
In the spring, eggs are in abundance, but you still hate to waste most of the white when it sticks to the shells. We’ve recently picked up a few dozen eggs from a local farmer since our chickens aren’t quite laying yet.
This is the same farm we get our milk, butter, and cream from. If you are wanting to switch to more locally sourced food, make sure to check out this post on Tips For Buying Local Food.
Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are just so much easier to make and peel. Eggs make such a great snack or part of a meal and I love how healthy they are. Packed with protein, healthy fats and cholesterol, vitamin A, and so much more.
What’s not to love about this farm staple?
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs In The Instant Pot And My Deviled Eggs Recipe Video
This is a blog post collaboration with a few of my greatest blogging friends, including my little sister! Get their Easter recipes here:
- Our Oily House Make Ahead Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole (great for Easter morning!)
- Julie Blanner Candied Carrots
- Boxwood Avenue Bunny Cupcakes
Tips For Making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- You will need to use the IP trivet to make this recipe. You don’t want the eggs sitting right up against the stainless insert.
- If you are totally knew to using the Instant Pot, check out my how to guide here.
- You need at least 1 cup of water. The IP will not come to pressure without enough water.
Eggs: you can use up to 14 eggs in the 6-quart Instant Pot
Water: 1 cup
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot Instructions
- Place the steamer rack trivet that came with your Instant Pot in the bottom of the stainless steel pot.
- Add as many eggs as you want. I have tried up to 14, but I’m sure you could do more!
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Set it to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.
- Run under cool water.
- Peel and Enjoy!
We currently have next to no cabinet space in our farmhouse kitchen. We plan to change that soon in our upcoming kitchen restoration, but for now they are stuffed full. I try to always put my Instant Pot away between uses, but I find myself dragging it back out of the pantry daily.
Between making whole chickens, broth and yogurt, it was already a staple, but now I’m going to do a batch of eggs a couple of times per week. They are the perfect protein packed snack, healthy, inexpensive and easy. What else could you ask for? I love when I have some made up in the fridge to take for lunch when we go our for a quick outing. Keeps us from spending $60 at a restaurant, and eating a bunch of junk. Five kids means you can’t go anywhere on the cheap!
How many eggs can you put into the Instant Pot?
You can put as little as 1-2 eggs or I’ve tried with up to 14 eggs into the Instant Pot.
How long are hard boiled eggs good for?
Peeled or unpeeled hard boiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Keep them in a air tight container.
What goes well will hard boiled eggs?
- You can eat these as a snack or as part of a main dish.
- Slice them up and put them in a salad topped with one of our favorite homemade salad dressings. You could also serve with some delicious soup.
- Create a snack lunch with fruit, hard boiled eggs, and crackers.
- Chop them up and make an egg salad sandwich.
- Include them in breakfast in a breakfast burrito, or with a bowl of oatmeal.
My other Instant Pot Recipes
- How to Make a Roast in the Instant Pot
- How to Make Yogurt in the Instant Pot
- Applesauce in the Instant Pot + a Free Printable Label
- Homemade Bone Broth in the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe Card
If you try this recipe and love it, I would appreciate you coming back and giving it 5 stars. Thank you!
- 12 eggs up to 14 eggs
- 1 cup water
Place the steamer rack trivet that came with your Instant Pot in the bottom of the stainless steel pot.
Add as many eggs as you want. I have tried up to 14, but I'm sure you could do more!
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
Set it to high pressure for 5 minutes.
Release the pressure.
Run under cool water.
Peel and Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 403mg Sodium: 155mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g
Pin it for later