Learn how to make a delicious, healthy hot chocolate with five nutritious ingredients. This recipe is so simple to make and only takes a few minutes. Whip it up on a cold afternoon and enjoy!
Healthy Hot Chocolate Video
A lovey drink for cold days
What do you do when winter is in full swing, the snow is falling, you’re stuck inside and it’s cold?
Around here we bundle up and make giant snowballs and find hills to sled down.
After all that, we come inside and the kids start begging me for a steaming hot cup of cocoa. Since we have quality, real food ingredients, I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t make them a cup or two.
Why make you own hot chocolate
Making your own hot chocolate is one of the healthiest ways to consume hot chocolate. Store bought packets of hot chocolate are filled with sugars and are very unhealthy to consume.
Why is this hot chocolate healthier than store bought hot chocolate
This hot chocolate recipe calls for whole food ingredients that are full of nutrients beneficial for your body.
Real Food Hot Cocoa Ingredients
2 cups milk (preferably organic and grass fed)
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream for whipping (optional)
Real Food Hot Cocoa Directions
Add 2 cups of milk to a medium saucepan.
Warm milk over medium to low heat.
Add in cocoa and honey and whisk until combined.
Remove from heat and add in the vanilla and dash of salt.
Whip up some cream if you want to get extra fancy.
But don’t fill your mug so full that it overflows when you add the cream!
Sit down, get comfy and Enjoy!
Other beverage recipes
Other Chocolate Recipes
Pin it for later
Print the Recipe Real Food Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups milk, organic and grass fed
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- cream for whipping, optional
- Add 2 cups of milk to a medium saucepan.
- Warm milk over medium to low heat.
- Add in cocoa and honey and whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla and dash of salt.
- Whip up some cream if you want to get extra fancy.
- But don't fill your mug so full that it overflows when you add the cream!
- Sit down, get comfy and Enjoy!