Learn how to make our favorite homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe at home. All you need is some strong coffee, cream, real pumpkin purée, spices, honey, and vanilla. Find the traditional method, bulletproof version, plus I’ll share how to make it dairy free.
Pumpkins are probably one of my favorite vegetables because they are just so versatile.
They go from sweet to savory dishes effortlessly. Some of my favorite savory dishes include: Pumpkin Chipotle Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Meatballs, Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Acorn Squash, Pumpkin Sheet Pan Nachos, Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef.
If you have never cooked a pumpkin, you can find my tutorial here.
There are two things I really love in the fall: pumpkin recipes and coffee, and I love that this recipe gives me the best of both worlds.
Pair this delicious homemade latte recipe with some Sourdough Pumpkin Cobbler, and you will be in fall flavor heaven.
This warm, creamy, and comforting latte tastes like fall in a cup. It is the perfect way to start the morning.
Grab a cozy blanket, curl up on the couch, and sip this yummy homemade pumpkin spice latte before the kids wake up and the chaos of the day starts.
I should maybe start thinking of peppermint recipes here soon, but all through October and November I have pumpkin on my mind.
This recipe is my absolute favorite drink for the season and it is super simple to make.
Tips For Making A Pumpkin Spice Latte At Home
- For this recipe, you can use canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin purée.
- This recipe is very customizable. If you need a dairy free version, check out my suggestions below.
- Adding whipped cream, while totally optional, takes this recipe over the top for deliciousness.
- Grind your beans fresh for the best tasting coffee.
- You can make this decaf by using decaf coffee, or try this pumpkin rooibos latte.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Tools you may need:
French press – this is how we make our favorite coffee every morning.
Measuring cups and spoons
Berkey water filter – we always filter our water through our Berkey for clean and delicious-tasting water. Find out more here.
How do I make my pumpkin spice latte sweeter?
Give it a taste, and if you would like it a bit sweeter, you can add a touch more honey or maple syrup. Stir it up and try it again.
What is pumpkin spice made of?
It is usually a combination of ground cloves, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sometimes allspice. You can make your own or purchase it wherever you buy your spices.
Can you make this recipe dairy free?
Yes! Just replace the cream and milk with almond, coconut, or cashew milk. Be aware that this will make a thinner, not-as-rich latte. To make up some of that richness, you could take out two tablespoons of the milk and substitute coconut cream.
Top with dairy free coconut whipped cream.
What is in a pumpkin spice latte?
Milk – we use whole raw milk.
Pumpkin pie spice – make your own or purchase it as a blend.
Honey or maple syrup
Pumpkin Purée – homemade or canned.
Whipped cream – totally optional, but really delicious
How To Make A Pumpkin Spice Latte At Home
- Make 1 cup strong coffee. Brew whatever you think is strong coffee. I do this by using half the amount of water you usually use to make coffee. We use a french press and use 2 Tbsp of ground coffee per 6 oz of water.
- In a blender, combine 2 cups of strong coffee, cream, milk, pumpkin spice, honey, vanilla, and pumpkin purée.
- Blend until well combined.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat on medium-low until nice and warm.
- Pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
More delicious and healthy drinks straight from the farmhouse kitchen:
- Bulletproof Peppermint Mocha
- Healthy Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice Rooibos Latte
- Healthy Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- How to Make Milk Kefir
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe -2 Ways
If you try this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment. Love it? Give it a 5 star rating!
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- whipped cream or coconut cream and coconut milk for dairy free option
Brew 1 cup strong coffee.
Add all of the ingredients to a blender, and blend until well combined.
Pour into a saucepan and heat on medium-low until nice and warm.
Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 38gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 7g
Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
While working on this recipe, I ended up making a bulletproof version and it was so delicious I had to share.
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 2 Tbsp butter (salted or add dash of salt)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Place ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Pin It For Later